6/19/09

Spinach Masala

This morning I saw this post by JoyceH on goneraw. The recipe from Russell James sounded so good I had to try it.














here are my modifications for 1/2 a recipe...just for 1:)
for salad:
1 five ounce package baby spinach (142g)
sprinkle with :
a little less than 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil, didn't have macadamia
massage until spinach is soft and creamy.
add:
1/4 cup currants
1 teaspoon mustard seed, I used 1/2 brown and 1/2 golden
1 mango, cubed
1 green onion, chopped
pinch of ground coriander, no fresh:(
I packed it in a 4 inch springform pan while I made the sauce

for sauce, blend until creamy:
1 cup cashews, soaked rinsed and drained
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon agave
1 teaspoon nama shoyu
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 clove garlic, not big on garlic, grated into blender
1/2 inch knob ginger, grated into blender

Thank you to Russell James for the recipe, and thank you to Joyce for letting me know about it!
Off to check out Joyce's beautiful blog:)

ETA...this was made (and posted) in a matter of minutes. Please check out Chef Russell James' blog for the correct ingredients and presentation for this recipe.
Also, JoyceH included this in a beautiful dinner. Check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails