8/17/09

Parsnip Pasta with Sage-Lemon Cream


This is another recipe from 'Living Raw Food' by Sarma Melngailis. Just reading the ingredient list told me this would be wonderful! I also liked it because it did not require very much effort to create.

The parsnip pasta only needs a few hours to soften in a little wine and salt. I also sprialized a turnip (pictured) at the same time to try the recipe using that as the pasta. They looked identical, but there was a difference in taste between the two. I liked the parsnip just a tiny bit more than the turnip:)

After making the noodles I soaked the pine nuts for the sauce, as they only need about an hour or so. I used my bullet to blend the pine nuts, wine, shallot, sage, (lemon)thyme, lemon juice and zest, oil, nutmeg, and salt. This made a lovely, unique cream sauce.

I served it with a salad of mixed baby lettuce, oil, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper, and thinly sliced dried apricot. Sarma paired the pasta with this salad using arugula for the greens. I let the apricots plump in the dressing for about a half hour before mixing it with the salad. I did not have the optional black truffle that looks so pretty in Sarma's picture, so I used my lemon peel rosebud with a sage leaf and a sprinkle of thyme leaves.

Thanks to Sarma for another great recipe! This was a very refreshing lunch on a warm Adirondack day!

2 comments:

Colorful Canary said...

Thank you for your lovely culinary creation!

This is just a little note to let you know that I have featured this delicious looking recipe on my blog.

http://www.colorfulcanary.com/2014/11/21-pleasing-parsnip-recipes-wordless.html

Thank you for all that you do :)

Kanyegg said...

Nice post thanks for shariing

Related Posts with Thumbnails