8/14/09

Raw Caramel Brownie Bites


I have been thinking about creating a recipe like this for a while.

They are made from three of my own recipes I have used before, combined:)

I like to make decadent desserts such as this one in a miniature size, because they are so rich !

The Brownie Crust:
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup dates, about 6 medjool
2-4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
Optional:
pinch of salt, dash of vanilla

1. Pulse nuts in food processor fitted with "S" blade until coarsely chopped

2. Pulse in dates, cocoa, and oil(and salt and vanilla if using) until mixture begins to hold together

3. Press into 12 flexible mini muffin cups, or 1 or 2 larger tart pans forming a thin crust.
This also works well as a bar type of treat in a 8"x8" pan.

4. Chill while making caramel.

You can also make this with your own favorite brownie mixture, and any nut you prefer.

Caramel Filling:
1/2 cup dates, about 6 medjool
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lucuma powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
vanilla seeds from about 2" of vanilla bean, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

1. Blend all ingredients until smooth in magic bullet or blender.

2. Spoon into chilled brownie crust.

3. Chill while making chocolate topping.

These are also excellent with a center of sweetened almond butter:)

Chocolate topping: This is just my chocolate chip recipe:)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 tablespoons cocoa butter, liquid measure after melting ( approx 1/4 cup grated flakes from block of butter)
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon agave
Optional:
pinch of salt, dash of vanilla
Garnish:
12 pecan halves, optional

1. Melt cocoa butter in small cup placed over very hot water until liquid. I use a pyrex custard cup set in a mug filled with really hot water.

2. When melted, stir in coconut oil, cocoa, and agave (and salt and vanilla if using).

3. Stir until all ingredients are smooth.

4. Allow to cool until it is the texture of very thick hot fudge.

5. Spoon by teaspoon onto top of caramel on chilled tarts.

6. Top each with a pecan half, or chopped nuts mixed with cacao nibs.

7. Chill until firm.

Best kept in the fridge in the summer:)

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh my gosh, I'm going to swim across lake champlain to try those!! hehe...looks like an awesome recipe! I can't wait to show my hubby that one! We're going blueberry pickin tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a good dessert full of berries to share :-)

evergreen said...

LOL!..come on over, its a great day for a swim!!
Looking forward to your blueberry creation!

Unknown said...

I would love to know if there is an alternative to lumaca powder, I've never seen it!!

If so, can you email me please!!!!!!!!! dairyfreebetty at that hot place dot com1!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

evergreen said...

Hi Jessica...I can't think of an alternative to lucuma, it's quite unique in taste and texture, and one of the few items I have to buy online.

Related Posts with Thumbnails